Rovshan Sharifov is the founder and principal of Sharifov & Associates, PLLC. Prior to that Mr. Sharifov was a Managing Partner and co-founder of Sharifov & Russel, criminal defense law firm. In August 2002, Rovshan was appointed Assistant District Attorney by the Honorable Denis Dillon, District Attorney of Nassau County. Mr. Sharifov continued his service after Honorable Kathleen M. Rice became the DA of Nassau County.
As a former prosecutor in the Nassau County District Attorney's Office, Mr. Sharifov has gained valuable insight into the workings of the New York criminal justice system. Rovshan has experience in handling all types of criminal charges, from misdemeanors to felonies, drug crimes, gun crimes, white collar crimes, juvenile crimes, robbery, burglary, mortgage and insurance fraud, medicaid and medicare fraud, money laundering, bank fraud and conspiracy, grand larcenies, embezzelment, DWI/DUI, suspended licenses and many other areas of criminal law.
Prior to joining the District Attorney's Office, Mr. Sharifov worked as a law clerk at the New York State Office of the Attorney General under Elliot Spitzer. There Mr. Sharifov was assigned to Investor Protection Bureau where he participated in investigation and enforcement of anti-fraud laws of the New York State. Prior to that Mr. Sharifov interned at the Kings County District Attorney’s office in Brooklyn, where he assisted in criminal prosecutions. Mr. Sharifov is a professional chess player and is fluent in Russian.
- New York Law School, New York, JD 2002.
- Honors: Magna cum laude; Recipient of Public Interest Fellowship, 2001
- New York University, 1997 B.A.
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Court. Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court. Eastern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Lawyer's Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Former Assistant District Attorneys Association
- New York State Association of Chiefs of Police
- New York State Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Combatting Auto Crime in New York, Prosecutors Training Institute, 2005
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense: State and Federal Courts
- All Felonies and Misdemeanors
- Pre-Arrest Investigation and Representation
- Grand Jury
- Plea Negotiations
- Hearings and Trials
- DWI, DUI, Suspended and Revoked Licenses
- Fluent in Russian.